Pages

Sunday, November 10, 2013

DIY Cinder block bench (pinterest Idea)


Cinder Block Bench
I saw that I had lots of cinder blocks behind my shed and some reclaimed wood, so I searched on pinterest projects that use reclaimed wood and cinder blocks. There were a lot of great ideas, but they needed other supplies that I didn't have and wasn't about to go spending money. So then I came across this cinder block bench and they used 4 4x4x10 pieces of lumber and 12 cinder blocks. I used 14 blocks and reclaimed wood I just threw on top with a cushion and some throw pillows. 

This was the bench I saw on The Basement Blog that seemed more around my alley and my budget (free)

 
Below is the one I saw on Pinterest which I'm sure a lot of you have seen too, don't get me wrong it's lovely but I didn't have that many blocks to try and recreate this look, so I worked with what I had on hand around my house already. Mine is not as lovely but it's functional and budget friendly. If you do not want to spend the money on blocks you can always go to craiglist or http://www.freecycle.org and search in your area.



No comments:

Post a Comment