Pages

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Painted old tray

I have this old tray from Easter and I don't like the pastel colors on it anymore. I decided to paint it a bold bright yellow with some thick aqua and turquoise stripes and a bird on a branch. The yellow paint is a sample size from the hardware store only ran me about 3 dollars. The other acrylic paint I have pictured is from walmart and those were 1 dollar a piece. The acrylic clear coat can was almost 5 dollars. It's the cheapest one I found. Finally the stencil is just a print out of a bird on card stock I have on hand that I cut out with an Xacto knife.  What I like about trays is that they serve many purposes. You can put it on your coffee table to hold books or simply your coffee essentials,or makeup ,wallets. The possibilities are endless.

No comments:

Post a Comment