Pages

Thursday, January 8, 2015

Dollar Store Chalk board tray

Chalk paint is so much fun. It is very versatile and so many things you can turn into a chalk board.
I love trays and I love going to the dollar Tree they carry these trays that look like the real thing but for the fraction of the price.
I simply used the blue painters tape and taped around the center to prevent any of the paint from getting on the outside. for this tray I did two coats of chalk paint and I used Krylon spray paint.

I found these awesome chalk markers at the 99 cent only store and I had to stock up on these because a lot of the times they run out or only carry them for a limited time. With these kind of chalk Markers it is permanent once it dries but it is washable with soapy moist cloth before it dries. Or you can simply use regular chalk. Before I write on these I like to use the flat part of the chalk and gently cover it with the chalk and wipe it off. I don't know the term I forgot what it is called when you apply the chalk all over the chalk board.
This whole project cost me under $3.00 because I had the spray paint on hand, but if you do not they have chalk paint at walmart for under $5.00 a can. I usually get mine at Walmart but If I don't go to the city and won't be going there soon I usually just go to Ace here in town.

No comments:

Post a Comment