Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2015

Shaving cream Dyed Easter Eggs

One more day away from Easter Sunday.
Today is a busy day getting baskets done and cleaning the house. I spent most of my day yesterday in the city running errands.
Once we got home we settled in,unloaded groceries and took a quick nap.
We bought the plain easter eggs from Walmart a while back,but I picked up another pack yesterday.

I decided to dye the eggs with shaving cream,it works a ton better with these eggs. The liquid version not so much,unless you like really faint colors or have time to let them dry and coat them another three times {not me :) }.
I am so sorry I didn`t take pictures of the process,but it is very simple.

Use any brand of the white foam shaving cream. If you want to do different colors,get seperate bowls for each. I used the food coloring that comes with four different colors that can be used for egg dying as well. I used the neon colors and used the blue and green to make turquoise. I started off with a couple drops of each and mixed it with the shaving cream to see if I was happy with the color. I just eye balled it,but start with one drop or two and mix if it needs more ,add one drop at a time until you get your desired color,you do this for each bowl if you are doing different colors.
Now the next part you want to put on disposable gloves or your dish washing gloves.
Use a rag that you do not mind staining,using napkins is messy and you'd be wasting a lot.

Now drop in a few eggs into one bowl and rub the shaving cream on each egg,you will see them change quickly.

Once you are done with the few you put in. Grab one at a time and take the excess off and clean any cream left on it with the rag. Do not rinse them because you will wash off the dye. Repeat this step until you are done with one color and place the eggs on a plate or flat surface to air dry. They are not wet but any moisture from the shaving cream you want to let it dry. hope you enjoy doing this with your kids,just remember to wear gloves it is pretty messy,but it's not fun with no mess right? 
Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment