Pages

Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Paper Pinwheels

I got the idea to make my own paper pinwheels from Target's dollar spot.
A week ago when I went in, they had so many cute pinwheels that I said I'll get them on Thursday,only two days away. Bad Idea,I only found two,and only one had the cute light spring colors that I wanted. I am hoping I find some more when I go on Friday. So instead I made a couple paper pinwheels for my wreath.

I used the 6x6 paper pads to make these, I have included pictures to help you guide.
You can use paper that is double sided with pattern,single color or like myself,with one pattern on the front. I placed the paper with the pattern down so the white is up. I folded one corner to the other one,creating a triangle,then you open it, and repeat the same step but opposite side. when you open it, you will have four creases that create four triangles. Now this next part is not hard,but you have to go easy on the cutting when you get close to the center. You don't want to cut all the way through. So it looks like a big X when you cut it.  Now from here you can use glue stick,glue gun ,or the sticky dots which I used.  I placed one sticky dot in the middle and placed the right corner of one of the triangles, then I placed another sticky dot on top of the one I just folded in, and I kept repeating that until I was done. So you will either fold all the right corners to the center or all the left corners to the center,it doesn't matter,but you can not fold one right,then one left,because then it doesn't create a pinwheel. I hope I didn't confuse you. I think I made it sound more complicated than it really is right?














No comments:

Post a Comment